Idaho Senator Larry Craig Arrested For Lewd Conduct
A Washington, D.C., newspaper reported on its Web site today that Idaho Sen. Larry Craig was arrested in June for lewd conduct in the restroom of a Minnesota airport.
Roll Call reported that Craig was arrested by a plainclothes police officer investigating lewd conduct complaints in a men’s public restroom.
Much like the gay/anti-gay former mayor of Spokane, Larry Craig has made a habit of being strongly anti-gay in his legislative career.
- Voted YES on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
- Voted NO on adding sexual orientation to definition of hate crimes. (Jun 2002)
- Voted NO on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
- Voted YES on prohibiting same-sex marriage. (Sep 1996)
- Voted NO on prohibiting job discrimination by sexual orientation. (Sep 1996)
So if you're tired of politicians who say one thing while doing another, go visit Larry LaRocco's ActBlue page and show him some love.
Update: There's a little more to the story that I didn't get from the Idaho Statesman. Kos put up a post with more of the subscription-only article from Roll Call, which shows that Larry Craig used his position as a U.S. Senator to try to
intimidate police get out of the trouble he was in. Retirement can't be far off for Senator Craig.
kencamp | August 27, 2007 | Comment on This Post (1 so far)
Your Personal Note:
"Sucks" to be him.
Posted by: Ray Suelzer | Aug 29, 2007 8:55:43 AM
Ads by Google
(and yes, we know that sometimes they're very, very wrong. Other times, they're right on.)